Hi Gene,

Don't be sorry.  I suspect the RFC was dead before I even touched it.  I
don't think I destroyed it.  Only one side has a slight concave surface from
where the iron got too close.  You have to really look at it an angle to see
the indentation on the RFC's body.  Otherwise, I did as you suggested and
let the solder reflow into the joints but that still didn't help.  I can put
a probe at one end of the RFC and the other at a pad on the opposite end of
the trace and verify continuity.  I do the same on the opposite side of the
RFC and the other pad and all is OK.  On the other hand, putting both meter
probes on each end of the RFC directly shows that it's open. This was the
case before I resoldered it and afterwards.

James K2QI