Good morning Elecrafters,

I decided to try and bypass RFC4 by using a small wire jumper soldered to
vias connected to RFC4.  Please see link below for image.  So far,
everything seems to work just fine now, which confirms my suspicion that
RFC4 was dead even before I did anything.  I should have tried the jumper
first!  Probably could have saved me a lot of time tearing the K3 apart.

Anyway, here's the picture of the jumper:
http://jamespaulsarte.com/temp/k2qi/k3_rfc4_jumper.jpg

Now that the choke has been bypassed, what could possibly happen? RF
entering the rig through the paddle cable?
--
73 de James K2QI
President UNARC/4U1UN