On 11/19/2010 5:48 AM, Luis V. Romero wrote:
> when I travel to NQ4I, where my CM500 does not work!

Lu -- thanks for the detailed rundown on the Koss unit.

I don't know what radios are at NQ4I, but I'm headed to PJ4 for CQWWCW,
where FT1000MPs are used. Before and after the contest, I may want to
work SSB, so I made a simple connector adapter for my CM500 mic (8-pin
mic plug, one resistor, short length of coax, to female TRS 1/8-in
jack). Last night, I checked it out with the MP that's still in my
closet as a backup rig.  I had to turn down the mic gain a LOT, but K6XX
tells me that it sounds fine.

The resistor goes from the 8VDC pin on the mic connector to the MIC hot
pin on the connector.  I think I used 4.7K or 6.8K.  Any value in that
range is fine.

73, Jim K9YC