Hello group,

Just wanted to report back on this issue.  Dale sent me some replacement
chokes which arrived today.  Despite my lack of confidence (and shaky
hands), I was able to remove the old choke and wire jumper.  I then soldered
on the replacement RFC4 choke.  The solder points don't look too pretty, but
they're not cold and continuity tests now pass FB.  Plugged everything back
together, and my paddle now works as it was supposed too.

Thank you everyone for your help.

73,
James K2QI