I see that the question has been answered, but I would like to tell you how I
find the answers to questions about operating the K3.

I keep a copy of the LATEST K3 operating manual on my desk-top (computer).

When I get confused about how something works or want to learn what it's for, I
use the find functionality of Adobe Reader to search for the answer in the
manual.

For example: Searching for the words "low cut" takes one to explanations on page
23.

Searching for "filter controls" takes one to pages 5, 9, 14, and  23.

After, or while reading the information on those pages and trying them out as I
do, so I get a pretty good idea of their purpose.

Please don't interpret this as an admonition.  It is meant to advise.