ab2tc wrote:

> Hi,
>
> One thing is for sure: Once you have either one of these devices in front
> of your K3 receiver, you can wave good-bye to the world class blocking and
> IMD dynamic range of your receiver. I would consider this an absolute last
> resort. I don't think I could put up with the necessary knob twiddling
> required to locate the null, which will change each time you change
> frequency.

Believe me, if you have S9+20 interference without one of these devices, you
put up with it. Yep, I've looked inside, build quality is terrible, SMD
devices up on end and the rest of it. Signal path unnecessarily long pieces
of hookup wire from the 259s to the PCB. It's hooked in via the KXV3 RX
connectors so at least the TX signal doesn't go through it. But it works
(and doesn't need much retuning as you change frequency.) 20m would be
unusable without it, so the effect on blocking and IMD performance is
unimportant, the alternative is QRT. Which would you choose?

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com
* KComm - http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html