What is a "3-circuit phone plug?"  I know about 1-circuit plugs
[tip-sleeve providing one circuit] and 2-circuit plugs [tip-ring-sleeve
providing two circuits -- tip-sleeve and ring-sleeve].  Is this
referring to 2-wire and 3-wire plugs?  I've seen on the list here that
the wrong plug will blow the AF amplifier.

I followed the legends on the back panel and I don't use the front panel
mic or headfone jacks.  Where it said MONO, I use a 1-circuit plug,
STEREO gets a 2-circuit plug.  I use cables from Radio Shack between
sound card and radio and they seem to work fine.  I really hope I'm not
screwing something up in my radio.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2011 Cal QSO Party 1-2 Oct 2011
- www.cqp.org