Fred,

That "circuit" nomenclature has a lot of other people confused, and even
some confusion has crept into parts catalogs (but not the mainstream
distributors).  I have seen stereo plugs and jacks called both 2 circuit
and 3 circuit - I guess they might refer to the number of pins - then
there may be extra contacts in the jack and I have seen a mono jack with
a closed circuit output pin also referred to as a 3 circuit jack - I
guess was because it has 3 pins (circuits?).  Talk about being confused
- and frustrated after you receive the order - I won't order from that
source again.

73,
Don W3FPR