Each new version of the firmware (including beta versions) comes with a
description of the changes made.  In fact the document included describes each
change that the update includes dating back to MCU 1.65 and DSP 1.52, 1-28-08.
You don't have to ask for it.  The file name is hfwnotes.rtf and you can find it
at the URL below...

ftp://ftp.elecraft.com

What else do you want to know about the firmware that isn't proprietary?

73,

Tom Childers
Radio Amateur N5GE
Licensed since 1976
QCWA Member 35102
ARRL Life Member

On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 07:47:03 -0800, eric manning <eric.mann...@engr.uvic.ca>
wrote:

[snip]
>With respect, it seems to me that the secret sauce in the K3 is largely
>in the FIRMWARE, which is why I carefully avoided
>even mentioning it, let alone asking for descriptive material on it.
[snip]