Perhaps the small group seeking insights into the design of the K3 could
show us all where this information has been supplied by Y,K & Y etc?

I am sure it is not high on Elecraft's list of 'things to do' and so it may
be quite a while before the information you seek is released.

Already the competitors have sat up and taken notice of just how good the K3
has become and are now scrambling to bring products out that can offer
competing specifications.

Just my 2 cents worth...keep the change :-)

73's
Gary

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 3:20 AM, Amateur Radio Operator N5GE
<n...@n5ge.com>wrote:

> Each new version of the firmware (including beta versions) comes with a
> description of the changes made.  In fact the document included describes
> each
> change that the update includes dating back to MCU 1.65 and DSP 1.52,
> 1-28-08.
> You don't have to ask for it.  The file name is hfwnotes.rtf and you can
> find it
> at the URL below...
>
> ftp://ftp.elecraft.com
>
> What else do you want to know about the firmware that isn't proprietary?
>
> 73,
>
> Tom Childers
> Radio Amateur N5GE
> Licensed since 1976
> QCWA Member 35102
> ARRL Life Member
>

> On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 07:47:03 -0800, eric manning <
> eric.mann...@engr.uvic.ca>
> wrote:
>
> [snip]
> >With respect, it seems to me that the secret sauce in the K3 is largely
> >in the FIRMWARE, which is why I carefully avoided
> >even mentioning it, let alone asking for descriptive material on it.
> [snip]

Gary
VK4FD - Motorhome Mobile
http://www.qsl.net/vk4fd/
K3 #679, P3 #546
For everything else there's Mastercard!!!