David Gilbert wrote:

>OK, but that still doesn't address decay or slope ... parameters I
>might want to quickly change dependent upon the amount and type of band
>noise (such as when changing to the low bands or when thunderstorms are
>active) or the number (not only the level) of signals (pileup or QRM).
>
>I still say a few re-callable combinations of AGC settings would make
>sense, even if they had to be initially configured only through the
>CONFIG menu.

It might be more helpful to store the AGC threshold and slope per-band.

The underlying problem is that many people will see a 30-40dB variation
in antenna noise levels between 30MHz and 1.8MHz, and the K3 has only
limited facilities to pre-set its front end gain (the one-step 10dB
attenuator, the +12dB preamp and the manual IF gain control). After
that, it's all down to the AGC.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek