On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 9:59 AM, David F. Reed <w5sv.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...with the NB on, when I noticed that I was getting a strong CW
>      signal pumping....

Dave, this is gonna happen with any noise blanker. When I turn on NB on my
Brand Y radio, I can hear artifacts from a medium strength CW signal 100 kc
away -- way worse than the K3. Still, I use NB all the time. There are 2
huge hospitals a few miles away radiating a magnificent panoply of man-made
hash, grinding, static, crunches, groans and hisses. In my noisy location,
an NB is so valuable that I am just happy to have one that kills the noise;
I'll live with the pumping.

Tony KT0NY