Oh boy, another thing to watch out for. I've been breathing solder fumes for so
many
years...who knew?

What really should have killed me was spraying solvent from an air gun on
tractors and
other machinery to get the oil and grease off. I think I still have some in my
hair almost
30 years later.

Before that it was the carbon tet. We used it to clean all kinds of things.
When I was a
kid I had a tube of it in my chemistry set. When my Mom's roast chicken caught
fire in the
oven, I threw the contents on it to put it out. Worked great. No, she didn't
let me eat
the chicken.

Of course we are not even talking about "RF exposure" like you get from
climbing an AM/FM
BC tower while the station is on the air to change a bulb!

Then there was the time that the guys in the shop where I worked decided to
save a bunch
of money by using asbestos pipes that they had on hand...so what if the flanges
were a
little big, just chuck them in the lathe and turn them down.

Life is so safe these days I will probably live another 68 years.

--
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA