Hi Bill

I understand the differences in IF frequencies.

The question still remains, how much extra  IMD dynamic could be squeezed from
the K3 if high performance 8mhz roofing filters were used. We have seen no data
on the K3 filters that quantified their impact on IMD dynamic range.

PA3AKE has shown that careful selection of crystals and building a roofing with
due care contributes a significant amount to the ultimate IMD dynamic range.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~martein/pa3ake/hmode/roofer_intro.html

I wonder if a company like Network Sciences did build an improved 8 mhz filter
how much performance  increase we would see. Surely if a 20db jump in IMD
dynamic range can be achieved at 70mhz, imagine what the improvement would be
at 8mhz! We will never know unless someone tries.

73
John