What gets me in a K3 is that there is still some room in there, even
after installing the KRX3 to the 100W transceiver, to add something
else.  So far the possibilities haven't tickled my fancy.  But the way
it is put together allows some intriguing homegrown devices.  We ARE
around here designing some quiet 160 RX antennas SPECIFICALLY for
diversity, kind of like a 4 square, where one ear listens to the
selected direction, and the other ear listens to an equally quiet
channel of the two directions adjacent to the selected.  No K3 and we
wouldn't even be THINKING of such a thing.  Now the RX antenna switch
box HAS to have a diversity port on it, and sending just ONE direction
from the array back to the RX is intolerable. Two runs of flooded RG6.
 Whoodda thunk it...

73, Guy.