Bill,

Thanks for your added comments.

As I said, I do not have the lab equipment to do this. But there are
people in this group that have and can measure far better than I.
The APF (for me) is not about selectivity. I use it when digging into
the noise and get a better copy of weak signals.
That is why I tried to measure S+N/N ratio the best I could. So if it is
not exactly 2 dB (it is not), I donot care. I just measured that there
was a _difference_ that 4.17 did a better job on s+n/n ratio.

So if one of the pro's can measure this more scientifically, that would
be very enlighting.

If this s+n/n ratio and the passband are the same, then we can stop this
discussion about the apf. :-)

73
Arie