I gotta say, the K3 has made a contester out of me. I've been a ham since '78
and avoided contests like the plague for over 3 decades - too much
"mush"...inseparable stations, endless noise, etc - who needs the fatigue?!

But November's CQWW and this weekend's ARRL DX contests have been pure fun for
me. I started out sticking my toe in the water during 1 or 2 smaller contests,
then bought the K3 just under a year ago. Man, what a difference. I now see the
attraction - and the addiction.

This was also the first time I've ever operated QRO (AL-811). A fly in the
ointment had me back at 100 watts for a while and, while I missed the power
level, I was back to QSK. I wish there was an amp that offered 500 watts *and*
QSK - I hear there may be one coming soon...!

I'm in the market.

John AE5X
http://www.ae5x.com/blog