David,

If the voltage is over 0.6 volts, and is applied to the base of a
transistor (assuming the emitter is grounded), the transistor will
conduct.  So my answer it less than 0.6 volts.  OTOH, if the voltage is
less than 0.3 volts, you will not be able to make diode forward
conduction tests with the ohmmeter (those meters will usually have a
diode test setting).

73,
Don W3FPR