From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Mike
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 12:13 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 Utility Going Bonkers

It's on my Win7 box.

After you click 'Control Panel' from the Start menu, it's easier to navigate
if you select either 'Large icons' or 'Small icons' from the 'View' menu. It
seems to be set to 'Category' by default. Setting it to one of the icon
views, 'Device Manager'
actually shows up in the list.

After you get into device manager and expand the Universal Serial Bus
controllers node, then right click on each entry of interest and select
'Properties'. On that dialog, select the 'Power Management' tab.

Same on both flaptop and desktop. Nothing to do with battery power.

73, Mike NF4L