At 05:42 PM 5/24/2005, David Toepfer wrote:
>Is it too early to start asking questions about this?

possibly, so the following is opinion based on what I have seen...

>I am wondering, will the KPA800 have to be closely tied to the K2 like the
>KPA100 is, or will I be able to use it with other gear as well and with less
>than 50-100W in?

the KPA800 will work with any rig. Two rigs actually. The only necessary
connection is RF and a Key Enable. You can also give it band data, though it
will auto sense the frequency.

I can't say how it will behave with low drive.

>I ask because I was considering the idea foregoing the purchase of a KPA100
>this year and just waiting for a KPA800 to use to kick the K2 5-10W in up to
>100W, but also to use with other gear to kick them up to 800W.  I would buy one
>if I can use it this way, but don't have as much use for one if it can not be.

chances are, someone will try it when they get one and report here...

>Also, will there be a KAT800?  :-)

If I understood correctly (and I'm pretty sure I did) the tuner is built into
the amp, and can handle at least 3:1 mismatch.

hope this helps - jeff wk6i

--
Jeff Stai               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Twisted Oak Winery      http://www.twistedoak.com/