Let us look at the matter in a different way. The skill required in the construction a real QRO solid state power amplifer is different. KPA800 will be an entire different training for myself as a non-radio profession.

Cheers,

Johnny Siu VR2XMC
----- Original Message ----- From: "EricJ" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Mike Harris'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 9:03 AM
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] kpa800 question

My electric bill came today and it worked out to 11.7 cents/kwh. I suppose I
could then afford to run a kw, but as you say, a bunch of aluminum up high
(TH7DX @ 65') works both ways. With a linear, you pay so that the guy at the
other end has an easier time of it!

It's not going to be on my Christmas List to Santa this year, but I think it will be good for the Elecraft brand name, and that eventually helps us all.

Eric
KE6US