Frank:

I have done quite a bit of operating on 6m SSB with 10 watts and a dipole (and
in the past with 2 watts and a dipole).  Unfortunately I haven't had a K3 to do
it with, but one the current versions is a K2 and homebrew transverter.

My dipole heights have ranged from 12 feet to 30 feet, but that's mostly been
at hilltop portable locations during contests.  That experience makes me think
that you will likely be able to work people with your current setup (assuming
you can match the antenna), but that it will be something of a challenge, as it
has been for me.  You probably won't find much until the sporadic E season
starts around mid May.

>From hilltop sites, using 10W and a rotatable dipole at 12 ft, I can sometimes
>work mountin-top big gun stations out to about 400 km distance with no
>enhanced propagation at all.

Really amazing 6m QSOs are rare with this sort of setup....but they do happen.
I've worked Europe (at sunspot cycle peak) and the Caribbean (on summer
sporadic E) with 2W/dipole@30', called CQ with that same setup (but with the
dipole at 12 ft over flat land) on an apparently dead band and raised a W5, and
so on.

I've also operated with 100 W and a 3 element beam on rare occasions ....it's
MUCH easier that way !

73,
Steve VE3SMA