On Field Day in 2009 I took a look at 6-meters.  Mind you, my antenna is a
dipole, mounted inverted-vee style, with the apex at 45 feet that consists of
two wires fed in parallel, one cut for 80-meters and the other for 40-meters.
The RG-8 run is about 175'.

It's hot in Tucson in June so a few clubs head for the mountains near here and
operate from the (relative) cool 8000-9000+ feet altitude.  One of those
line-of-sight stations was cluttering up 50.125 and covering up some Es
stations.

So I tuned a bit lower in frequency and heard a CW CQ.  It was JL8GFB. I gave a
call, expecting nothing and he came right back to me. He continued to call CQ
for quite a while without any further takers.  An hour and ten minutes later, I
heard JA7WSZ calling CQ and worked him too.  So the band was open to JA for
over an hour and no one was paying attention.

Considering the mismatch loss in the line my ERP was probably a few watts. I
did have a HB receiver preamp on the K3, however.

Wes N7WS