I don't know if your antenna in the attic is due to antenna
restrictions or building construction, but here's a suggestion.

My K3 has a second receiver whose sole purpose is to
monitor six meters.  It's antenna connection only appears
at the BNC jack on the rear of the K3.

The antenna for the second receiver is a "low-band" GP
comprised mostly of Maxrad mobile antenna parts, mounted
on a base station antenna conversion kit.  The base station
kits are intended for VHF use, and the four supplied radials
are "short" for 6M. I've replaced them with 55" whips intended
as the radiator of a low-band mobile antenna.

I used five of the 55" whips intended for the lower portion
of the "low-band" commercial band to build my 6M GP.

While not "invisible", the antenna can be very unobtrusive.,
and could be mounted on a toilet vent pipe close to the
roof and might be not noticed.  I can provide a photo to
anyone interested.

BTW, it's a little-known fact that the 5/8-wave 2M mobile
antennas that many of us have on our vehicles are very
close to resonance on 6M and will work reasonably well
on that band.

73!
Ken Kopp - K0PP
elecraftcov...@gmail.com