Going back through some notes here seems to indicate that once I downed HRD
while meeting the one and only SSB group I enjoy cured the problem. Why it is
so sensitive to only the AGC on/off I have not a clue. But I had it no more
after that.

73s Jim
On Apr 6, 2011, at 1:00 PM, David Honey wrote:

> At 01:08 06/04/2011, W4CCS wrote:
>> Recently I have been experiencing a problem with the AGC on my K3
>> (2090). When I return to receive from transmit, the AGC is turned off
>> and the speaker system is overloaded. This happens on about every 10 to
>> 15 transmissions. It has happened with the K3 sitting on the desk in
>> receive.. This is very annoying and very hard on the ears..!!
>
> I've had the same thing happen a few times with my K3 on SSB. First
> time it happened it made me jump as the audio volume was so loud.
> It's not consistent, but seems to happen more frequently with longer
> TX periods. I do use HRD most of the time with my K3+P3.
>
> It might only happen once a week with me. Since it seems to be
> sporadic, I wonder whether there is some kind of timing window for a
> firmware defect. Say, a combination of commands from HRD plus PTT
> on/off plus firmware timing.
>
> Fortunately, I tend to operate more CW than Phone, so at this stage
> it's just an occasional irritation. But it would be nice to get this fixed.
>
> David M0DHO

JIM ROGERS, W4ATK
w4...@bellsouth.net
http://web.me.com/jimrogers_w4atk