Adi,

How much you can "fool" the offset depends on the filter bandwidth.
70 Hz is a small percentage (2.6%) of a 2.7 kHz bandwdth - you will
hardly notice the difference, and if you do, you have very good ears, or
are using instruments to measure it - most of us simply use our ears for
SSB.

For a 400 Hz filter width, 70 Hz makes a big difference (17,5%), so if
you want to operate diversity mode with narrow CW filters, it is best
that you have them matched or use only the 8 pole filters.

73,
Don W3FPR