aandrei wrote:

> I tested, as far as I could use my ears, but it is difficult to be sure (
> especially being in Londodn, UK, and having S5-S9 noise on all usable
> bands), I was hoping someone has tried a similar thing, or someone at
> Elecraft can explain what is happening in such a situation in the radio.
>
> E.g. what kind of difference should I look for ? Is it the signal itself
> altered (and how), or just the passband i.e. some frequencies missing at
> the end of the passband.
> In this case, if I set the offset on .88 in  and specify the filters as
> having 2.6 khz width (instead of 2.7), would then the radio behave as that
> was true, i.e. no different from the configuration I specified, although
> it is not the true configuration?
> Or would it be better to leave it at 2.7 ?

Definitely leave it at 2.7!  I believe the firmware looks for either 2.7
(5-pole BW) or 2.8 (8-pole BW) for the TX filter so you might not be able to
transmit with 2.6 selected.  As Don W3FPR already stated, it is extremely
unlikely most people could tell the difference with the filters offset by 70
Hz at the edge of the passband.  (Standing by for the audiophile rebuttals
now...)

73,  Bill