test

  _____

From: Barry N1EU [via Elecraft]
[mailto:ml-node+6271081-1705900565-157...@n2.nabble.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:19 PM
To: pcbyrne
Subject: Re: K3 filter question

aandrei wrote:

I have the 5 pole 2.7 filters for main and sub RX.
One filter offset is -.94, the other is -.81
In order to do diversity receive, I have to set them both to about -.88

My question is: what happens when you set a filter offset differently than
the one specified (as in my case) ?
How is this supposed to  influence operation (normal as well as diversity
mode) ?
How can things be improved, short of buying new filters?

By offsetting the 2.7Khz filter center freq, you may incur some slight
asymmetry in the passband response at the lower and/or upper knee of the
response curve, but the vast majority of the passband will be unaffected.
If noticeable, it will be relatively minor.  The other options would be to
use closer matched 5-pole filters or use 8-pole filters.

73, Barry N1EU

  _____

below:

http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/Re-k3-receive-audio-tp6259940p6271081.h
tml

To start a new topic under Elecraft, email
ml-node+365791-145773984-157...@n2.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Elecraft, click
<http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubsc
ribe_by_code&node=365791&code=dzdubWRAdHdpbmxha2VzLWFyLnVzfDM2NTc5MXwxMDQyOT
EzOTY1>  here.