From: Steve Ellington <n...@carolina.rr.com>
To: Fred Townsend <ftowns...@sbcglobal.net>; Randy Moore <wrmoor...@gmail.com>;
Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Thu, April 21, 2011 2:27:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Ligntning protection

Question:
Does grounding your tower or metal mast increase the likelihood of it being
hit by lightning?
I have a 50' metal mast holding up the center of a dipole. No antenna
contacts the mast and the ant. is supported by rope. Should I drive in a
ground rod just for the mast? If I do, would lightning be attracted to it
then? It just seems like I'm inviting a hit by grounding it.

Steve
N4LQ