When doing audio processing, always keep a copy of the original file
until you are done.
Each step in the process does create some loss of quality.  That means,
the more you mess with it, there is potential for the result to end up
bad.  Keep notes on what is being done - how much leveling, how much
tempo change, etc.  Then after your experimentation is complete, start
again with the original file and apply the full changes - the result
will be better than the result obtained by incremental changes during
your experimentation.

I would also recommend using only the K3 to apply compression.  You
already have compression applied to the mic input, and that same
compression will be added to the computer audio stream.  In general,
compressing an already compressed file will produce bad results.

I have done only a moderate amount of audio editing work, so I consider
the words of those experts (like Jim Brown) who have done a lot of it as
sage guidance for me.

73,
Don W3FPR