I have (and I think I reported some time ago) been experiencing occasional
AGC misbehaviour where the AGC would suddenly turn off.  Insofar as I can
remember this has only happened on ssb and up until now I had formed the
impression that I may have rf getting in somewhere as it only seemed to be
apparent after going back to receive.

However, three times today the AGC has without warning turned off, and not
whilst transmitting. (I have been more active than normal, exercising my GR
call!).  On one occasion I was listening on 15m usb and as I was looking at
the display I saw the 's' disappear ­ it was probably coincidence that a
station had just started to call on the frequency, but maybe not.  This time
I have been outside cutting grass  and returned to find the AGC had turned
itself off again.  I am running Ham Radio Deluxe, but only for the logbook,
however that requires the main control program to be running too.  HRD is
constantly polling the K3 of course and perhaps a rogue command is entering
the stream somewhere.  I am using the same prolific chipped usb adaptor that
I have successfully used for years with a variety of OS's.  Now using
windows 7 64 bit.  I can't remember if it happened on the previous XP
machine.

I have closed down HRD and not found the problem to re-occur, but to be
honest the length of time for which I have listened without HRD running is
small by comparison and the problem is sporadic to say the least.  Nothing I
do to HRD seems to be able to force the problem.

Not Elecraft's problem I'm sure, but I am curious as to whether anyone else
has noticed this issue before I venture onto the HRD forum, where they can
be a little over-defensive at times :-)

73, Stephen G4SJP

K3 #980 and P3, latest firmwares.  I'm fairly sure this happened at least
once before buying the P3.