I don't. See below...

On Tue, 17 May 2011 13:43:15 -0700, Tim Tucker <ae...@worldwidedx.com> wrote:

>I've followed the various discussions on how well the NR/NB works as
>compared to other rigs.  I've used NR functionality in many different rigs,
>as well as just about every after market solution.  In my area, the QRM
>makes NR/NB absolutely a necessity.
>
>Part of makes the NR & NB seem "easier" to use in other rigs (like Icoms) is
>that the setting is continually variable from least to most.  The operator
>can tell when he's gotten too aggressive with it to suit his listening style
>and can easily back it down.  As we all know, the K3 allows you to cycle
>through the various levels within an group setting and then you go through
>that cycle again with the next group setting (I think I said that correctly
>;) )

I like the groups, they kelp me know where I am in the sequence.

>Here's my feature suggestion - For me, it seems that I am often trying to
>compare the amount of NR/NB applied between the major groupings.  For
>example, when I operate SSB (which is most of the time), I may already know
>that I want just a little NR based on what I hear, but I want to hear the
>difference between 5-1, 6-1,7-1, and 8-1.  But I can't do that without
>cycling through them all.  Also, because I have to go from 5-1 to 5-2, 5-3,
>etc. before I get to 6-1, my ears have lost the reference point, which was
>5-1.  Same thing applies with NB settings.  If we could have a menu button
>while in DSP adjustment that would rearrange the settings so they cycled
>through the groups at the same level setting first, I think it would be very
>powerful and very awesome!  For the NR, you would need to preserve the
>groupings that are intended for CW/digital & voice.  As I understand it,
>settings 1-1 through 4-4 are intended for CW/digital and 5-1 through 8-4 are
>intended for phone?  Assuming my previous statement is correct, the new NR
>option, when activated would cycle like this:
>1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1, 1-2, 2-2, 3-2. 4-2, (etc), 5-1, 6-1, 7-1, 8-1, 5-2, 6-2,
>7-2, 8-2, (etc.).

I probably don't really understand what you are doing here, but on the surface
it seems to me you are asking that the settings be grouped by number instead of
a text description.

>The NB could have the same feature.  It seems like it would be a fairly
>simple firmware feature addition without doing major changes to the actual
>NR/NB algorithms and also bridge the differences between an Icom like
>implementation and the Elecraft implementation.  You should also be able to
>switch it easily back and forth between the two options.  Does anybody else
>like this concept?

Being a software developer, I can tell you that what you are asking for is not

>a fairly
>simple firmware feature addition without doing major changes

and frankly I don't think it is a good idea to make a change like you suggest,
when the current system works fine.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

>Tim
>AE6LX
[snip]