I believe the KAT3 "remembers" for two antennas for each "segment" in
each band:

160: 10 KHz
80-12: 20 KHz
10: 100 KHz
6: 200 KHz

So, I ran through the bands, stopping in the middle of each of those
segments and did an ATU TUNE.  Mine now seems to know what to do without
the tuning algorithm running.  YMMV, I don't really understand all the
things I do with my K3.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2011 Cal QSO Party 1-2 Oct 2011
- www.cqp.org