Even though I have the tracking information, as a final courtesy to the
buyer,
I send a follow-up e-mail to ensure not that it arrived, which I know,
but that
it arrived in the condition that it left my possession.  I'm not happy
if the
buyer isn't.

Yes, USPS has improved their tracking system, I was recently able to
follow a
shipment from the origin to my mailbox.  Before I'm not sure if I even knew
where it was coming from; only when to expect it in the mailbox.

Recently I ordered a Tablet PC from Amazon, and was surprised that they
shipped
it via USPS.  What I can't figure out is the reason that it's scheduled
to take until
next Wednesday to get here from the Seattle area.  When Amazon has shipped
books from Seattle previously, they took two business days to arrive,
whether
via USPS or UPS.

73 de Jim - AD6CW