Edward R. Cole wrote:
>>In my case, the major reason I don't want to sell internationally is
>>the matter of customs and duties, with the associated paperwork.  Here
>>it's mostly ignorance of what is needed, what the procedures are, etc.
>>I might look at it differently with a ham I knew as the buyer.  Nothing
>>parochial beyond ignorance. :)     73, Jim K9YC
>--------------
>=And I think THIS is really the problem folks are having - they imagine
>all sorts of issues!  Customs and duties are paid by the receiving
>party (not the shipper).  All you need do is describe the item.  Simple
>as saying "Ham radio parts".  Estimate their value (this is what the
>customs will charge by), your name/address, the destination
>name/address, your done!  Not any harder than filling out a money
>order.  The form is half-page in size and most boxes do not
>need to be filled in as they do not apply.

Let me repeat that: import duties and taxes in the destination country
are categorically

NOT    YOUR   PROBLEM !

All you have to do is write down the total value (in US$) and an
adequate description. "AMATEUR RADIO PARTS" is usually close enough.
That's all - you're done.

NB: Always write out "AMATEUR" in full. Ham will be subject to extra
import restrictions :-)

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek