I use data a at 50 hz all the time

KD8NNU

Sent from my Palm Pre on the Now Network from Sprint
On Jun 2, 2011 2:06 PM, Rich - K1HTV <k1...@comcast.net> wrote:

Jim,

   If you want to try JT65A on the Magic Band, the agreed upon calling frequency

is 50.276 MHz.  Almost all 6M JT65 signals that I've seen have been using JT65A.

Congrats on taking the first step working this mode.

I have found that on the super weak signals (less -20dB), stronger signals in a

2.5KHz pass band can push already weak signals farther into the noise to the

point that they can not be copied. That's where the 3M's Hi-Cut and Lo-Cut

controls come in handy. If you view a very weak trace on the JT65HF waterfall in

the presence of loud (0 to -5 dB) signals, then tighten the filters you will see

the weaker trace improve (get thicker).

I only wish that the K3 filter (Hi, Low and BW) adjustment increment could be

reduced from the present 100Hz to 50Hz or even 25Hz. This would allow the

attenuation of QRM from very loud signals that are very near in frequency to

very weak ones without affecting the weak signal's data.

I hope that this suggestion could be considered in a future K3 firmware update.

Have fun with JT65 as you watch the paint dry :-).

73,

Rich - K1HTV

= = =