On 6/1/2011 8:43 AM, Mike Markowski wrote:
> Don't forget NTP (Network Time Protocol), the widely used standard described
> in
> an RFC.  It has been ported to Windows and is free.

For many years, I've used a clock setting program distributed by NIST
called nisttime. It can use NTP. Google to find it.  Free download from
nist.gov  It can be set to do a re-sync as often as you like.  I don't
know how good it is at compensating for network delays, but it thinks
its setting the clock to an accuracy of tens of msec.  To get that level
of accuracy you need to use it 2-3 times in succession.

All this talk about WSPR and JT65 motivated me to download, install, and
study the doc for both Joe Taylor's software and W6CQZ's HF version.
Made my first contacts last night on 10139 kHz with VK and ZL running
about 25W to the K3 and an 80M dipole.  A JT65 contact is sorta like
watching paint dry, but I couldn't even hear the ZL that I worked, and
there was a lot of other activity within the passband that the software
worked around.  I'm convinced that the W6CQZ version is the way to go
for HF work.

Next step is to figure out how to use JT65A during 6M openings.  Is
there a calling frequency where everyone sets up shop on 6M in North
America?   Which modulation scheme(s) are most used for E-skip?

73, Jim Brown K9YC