I first met Tom at the Elecraft booth at the Kirkwood, MO hamfest around 2000.
He was vibrantly hyping the K2 which I had just started to build.  He probably
met 1,500 people that day.  Through the years I'd call on Tom for help on
various projects and he was always quick to respond.  The first phone call he
returned to me started off with "hey Terry, you going to the Kirkwood Hamfest
this year?"  My God, the man remembered me from that one meeting two years
prior.

A few weeks ago, someone suggested a small accessory here on the reflector and
I sent Tom an email stating that this little project would be right up his
alley.  I never received a response and that sent a chill up my spine.
Something wasn't right.

Rest in peace my friend.  You've done enough work down here in your lifetime
for ten people and none of it will be forgotten.

73,

Terry, W0FM