I am not a serious contester but I do take advantage of the opportunities
afforded by contests to search and pounce on new DX!

Between the 2nd receiver and the panadapter, which would give me the most
bang for my buck!

BTW, I sold my AL-811H, among other items, to buy a KPA500!  I have found
that the extra 500-600 watts makes all the difference in the world given my
antenna restrictions, my location, and my restricted operating time!

I know that the 2nd receiver allows finding the frequency that the DX
station is listening to but I have always been able to get thru pile ups
just by listening for his instructions re: listening up.  Sometimes it takes
a little patience!

Thanks for any and all suggestions and or advices,

Jack AE6GC