I use both the P3 and second rx but to be honest feel the P3 is the most
useful of the two options.   With ST0R there were so many people calling
them from all over the world that it was often difficult to find the station
he was responding to and when he did there was no guarantee that the next
station would be in the same immediate frequency range.   At times on the
lower bands it seemed to take a minute or so before they found another
station which could be copied.   At least with the P3 one can more easily
find a spot where at least in your part of the globe there is less activity
and you might hope to be heard.   I also found this especially useful when
going after RTTY contacts with ST0R whom I have my only six RTTY QSOs ever
with.   It was again possible using the waterfall and regular spectrum
display to find a place to call without excessive interference.   The P3 is
a God send for me and I would not wish to be without it.   I use to use an
Orion II and missed its panadaptor but the P3 has it beat hands down.   As
the P3 is less expensive you might first get a P3 and then add the second RX
with desired filters later.   Elecraft has done well with the modular
approach.   Spoke with a US ham last night who suffered lightning damage and
got by with just replacing the Kio3 board - not bad but of course a direct
hit and he would have had a lump of carbon to replace.   Disconnect antennas
when not using radios.

At this station a second K3 SN 5487 replacing my Orion II and shortly both
the P3 and second Rx are being ordered to complete the setup.   Elecraft has
done a fine job and continues with the K3/P3 development.   Perhaps Flex is
as good I do not know but none are better than the Elecraft company when it
comes to support.    How many other companies have their owner/designers
monitoring and occasionally adding comments to the reflector.   Good job and
thank you Elecraft.   Maybe I am being too much of a booster but such is how
this cynic now feels.

                 73 Doug EI2CN