I don't think anybody knows what the cost of the KX3 will be.
AFAIK there are maybe two prototypes and production won't begin till the
end of the year.

As for loading you're home brew firmware on the KX3 why would Elecraft
want to open that particular can of worms? It's a support nightmare.

They might do it if you signed an agreement stating as soon as you load
your own code the existing warantee is null and void and you're on
you're own.

--
R. Kevin Stover

ACØH