I can see using such an app.

The things that I would want to see initially in such a program would be:

Tuning, both by some equivalent of knob turning and by direct entry
AF & RF gain adjustments
shift & width adjustments
mode switching
antenna switching & ATU control
Memory access and maybe even memory management.  No dig intended on other
memory managers here, I just think it would be nice for the app to be a
"one-stop" affair.  Would like to browse the memories in order to select what I
want to tune to, and then if I see something wrong, would like to edit it in
the moment.

As you can see, my needs in such a thing are basic.  Anything beyond what I've
listed here would be great, but not at the expense of these 6 core things.  Do
these core things *really* well, and you'll have a winner, IMHO.

73 & Aloha,
Dave  AH6TD