From: Don Wilhelm <w3...@embarqmail.com>
To: Alan Davenport <w2...@yahoo.com>
Cc: "elecraft@mailman.qth.net" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Monday, September 5, 2011 9:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [K2] Lost 80m recieve.

Alan,

First of all, transmission at a fixed frequency of 3712 is indicative of a
problem with the VCO/PLL.
Are the R30 (VCO voltage) values within range on all bands?  That is the
starting point.

Next put the internal probe into TP1 and measure the frequency when the K2 is
tuned to 3500, and also at 4000 kHz.  The measured frequency should be near
4913 kHz above the frequency shown on the K2 display.

If the frequency is not correct, the K2 will transmit on the wrong frequency.

Give us the results from the above tests and we can proceed from there.

73,
Don W3FPR