Hello Holger,

Don is correct.  Do all the modifications for your early K3 #283.

Usually, the first kg is the most expensive in terms of shipping costs from US
to Germany.  Therefore, if you order ALL the modification parts from Elecraft
at one go, there will be savings in shipping cost - the heavier, the cheaper in
terms of US$ per kg.

http://www.elecraft.com/K3/k3_app_notes.htm

Please read the above weblink about modifications carefully.  You will then
agree with both Don and myself that ALL modifcations are applicable to your K3.

Don't be frightened by the modification work.  They all should be within normal
soldering skills.  I am not a radio man by profession but still can handle the
soldering work.

TNX & 73,

Johnny VR2XMC

從︰ Don Wilhelm <w3...@embarqmail.com>
收件人︰ elecraft@mailman.qth.net
傳送日期︰ 2011年10月8日 (週六) 12:09 PM
主題︰ Re: [Elecraft] Elecraft K3 DSP upgrade

Holger,

I would recommend all the upgrades.  I cannot think of any that are mode
specific.

73,
Don W3FPR