Getting more excited by this radio by the minute.

Seems to me, even with the relatively heavy G4TPH portable loop and whatever
stand I manage to cobble together for that (thinking lots of PVC in one foot or
15 inch sections, tall enough to get the loop off the ground by a foot or a
foot and a half, this is going to be one very lightweight station and lots of
fun (and easy) to carry around. Sorry, afraid I'll have to go a little heavier
on the antennas than Wayne does, my aim isn't very good. Even so, taking a
complete station in well under five pounds, if not for hiking, certainly for
hotel stays and other vacationing, is really, really attractive.

By "relatively heavy", I mean as compared to Wayne's one ounce of 26 gauge
wire. I expect the loop, consisting of 10 flat pieces of aluminum bolted
together with a tuning capacitor, can't weigh more than the KX3. But that is
quite a bit heavier than one ounce :)
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY