Yes, I greatly miss the band stacking registers in my old TS850S.  As I
recall, the feature was actually called Quick Memories.  You could hit one
button and it would store up to 5 quick memories.  You then could hit Memory
Recall and you could use one of the rotary knobs to cycle back and forth
between the five memories.  I used this feature a lot in contests and just
in general DXing in that it enabled me to easily cycle back and forth
between various pileups or spots.  The 5 quick memories were not limited to
the same bands or modes.

All of the M1 to M4 memories in my K3 are used up on each band to enable me
to cycle through the CW, RTTY and SSB portions of the bands.  So I can't use
those.  The first 10 numbered memories are used to change bands (e.g. I use
01 to QSY to 160M, 02 to 80M, etc.).

So I would like to make an official request for a new band stacking or quick
memory feature in the K3.  There should be a way to store up to 5 quick
memories across the same or multiple bands and modes (including splits).
Then with the touch of a Memory Recall button, you should have the ability
to cycle back and forth between the four or five stored memories using
either the M1 to M4 keys or VFO B knob or some other simple series of
buttons.  When you have five memories stored, and add a 6th memory by
hitting the store memory button again, the newest memory goes into the quick
memory 1 slot and all of the previous memories move up one slot -- with the
previous 5th memory being deleted or cycled out of the band stack.  What
made the feature so useful was that it took one button click to store a
memory and it took button click to go into Quick Memory Recall mode so that
you could easily cycle back and forth between the five stored memories using
one rotary knob.

I love my K3 and the only feature that I think it lacks is this sort of a
band stacking or quick memory recall function.  I am working some casual DX
in the CQ WW SSB test this morning, and I have no way to store memories in
the K3 so that I can cycle back and forth between pileups.  If there is a
way to do it, please let me know.

Dave, N4QS