Randy,

In cases like your, an antenna analyzer comes in very handy.
Do the normal "thing" to make your remote tuner tune the antenna - then
remove the coax from the K3 and attach it to the antenna analyzer.  What
is the SWR?  If it is sufficiently close to SWR=1, then you have a K3
problem, if it is not near 1, then you have an antenna/feedline/tuner
problem, and you can further break it down by measuring at different
points in the antenna system.

Don't have an antenna analyzer?  Ask if one of your local hams have one
they would be willing to lend, or they might even offer to take it to
your house and help you locate the problem.

73,
Don W3FPR