Thanks for the comments on my questions on the KPA500 amp.

To expand on some of the comments: I have no reason to believe the amp's meter
isn't accurate.  Since I haven't seen one yet, it appears to me the meter is of
the LED type, which for me is a bit difficult to read.  I find it easier to
read an external analog meter.

With the exception of one person (who was very specific), everyone either said
the output is 500 watts, or above.  I asked this question because in the past I
have found the rated output power of a transistorized amplifier is often higher
than what is actually obtained.

I imagine overdriving it to obtain more than the rated output would stress the
transistors and/or power supply and/or affect the signal quality (or all of
those).  Naturally, a difference between 500 and 600 watts can't be discerned
anyway.

As far as WSJT, no that's not a lower power mode.  A weak signal mode, doesn't
mean a low power mode.  The subset mode JT65A is becoming very popular on HF.
That mode wasn't designed for HF, it was designed for 6 meter EME, where you
use all the power you have.

My primary interest with WSJT and the KPA500 is for meteor scatter on 6 meters,
using FSK441 where you use the most power that you have.  Often, it takes 30 -
45 minutes to complete a contact, so my concern was if this amp could handle
the stress for such a long period of time.

73 de Sebastian, W4AS