I don't think you can over drive it as there is a overdrive fault and
output leds change color to let you know how much power you are putting
out.  Mine is packed for J6 so I don't recall if it is green, yellow,
red.  I set the radio output so the amp puts out 500w.  An extra 100
watts probably is not going to make much of a difference on hf so I
don't feel the need to push the amp.

If your duty cycle is 50/50 I would assume the amp will be just fine.
The suggestion to ask support is a good one.

If any amp on the market can handle the load this is the one.  It is a tank.

Mike W0MU

J6M CQ WW DX CW Contest 2011
J6/W0MU November 21 - December 1 2011
W0MU-1 CC Cluster w0mu.net