wayne burdick wrote

> Hi all,
>
> The K3's hardware AGC time constant is a compromise between recovery
> time and IMD due to modulation of the loop. C238, on the bottom of the
> RF board near the front, sets this time constant.
>
> We did a little experiment today  . . .

I think it would be informative to monitor whether the HAGC is indeed
kicking in during the variety of pileup mush type events not involving very
strong signals in the passband.

For example, could a very visible LED be set up external to the rig that
would flash when HAGC kicks in?  A few of us could operate like this in an
upcoming contest (e.g., next weekend 10M contest) and confirm whether
there's correlation between HAGC and pileup mush.

Barry N1EU